Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Voices in my Head!

Two days ago I enter spotty. My mission (and only mission...I must stay focused) was to purchase a new quilting ruler that would make my life so much easier for the quits that I complete in my imagination. I know its a grand statement but I am going to make a fancy quilt for me and only me....soon!

Then I eyeball a sign, one that triggers the real life "passionate about quilts and all things quilting" voice of Andi......."Denyse Schmidt Fabrics!"

I could not turn away, I had to have a look. The force of Andi was just to strong within. Before I new it the card was out and I was swiping away at the register.............



HEALTH WARNING - When you met Andi in real life, she will turn you into a quilting addict. She will make you believe that it's all achievable, that it can be done in one life time and without much skill at all!!

If you would like to see a truly beautiful Denyse Schmidt quilt........pop over to her house and check out her latest masterpiece............It deserves an award!!

10 comments:

Andi said...

Not quite sure what to say. ;)
Glad I've got you quilting though!
Love your fabric choices.
If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you with your lovely quilt, let me know.
xxx

willywagtail said...

I don't want to see Denise's quilt. That could give me a heart attack even thinking about the energy and patience input. I would rather see your quilt. Did you get the ruler too or was it forgotten in the excitement of gorgeous fabric? Cherrie

willywagtail said...

PS Should qualify that I love Andi's quilt but haven't the energy to ever make such a difficult task. Cherrie

Sarah said...

Oh dont worry she would have totally drew me in as well...

GO on - I am waiting to see it

Sarah said...

OMG that quilt is AMAZING!!!!

Oh I SO look forward to seeing yours.

MAN it is good!

wendy hill said...

Your choices are fantastic! Im off to Andi's to get depressed, x

Caroline said...

I just made a baby blanket using two of those fabrics, going to do a post about it tomorrow. I can't stop looking at those fabrics everytime I go in store, damn it! Now, lets go and have a look at this quilt you speak of...

Baa-Me Kniits said...

You are 2 days too late...I was in Spotty on Monday and I came out without spending a cent!!!! I think I must be sick or something! I do love those orange and browns in that range, just lovely. Can't wait to see your quilt. I thought I was brave making one with 4 inch squares but now I think I am just being safe :-)

Levin said...

Lordy they are BEAUTIFUL fabrics.
And Andi is right - you can make super dooper quilts easily with a ruler and rotary cutter and a pattern. I know - cause I've made them and I'm not really good at those sorts of things ;-)
l
x

kello said...

Ha! I managed to walk away from the very same fabric - not sure how- I know if we had been there together I would have bought a few meters! Alex is shaping up to be as bad as us with both fabric and wool! xx