Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The "Bang it all in the food processor" - Orange Cake

Late notice invitation. Bugger all in the cupboard. NO time to fluff about. Quick fix required........



Into the processor goes....

1 Whole Orange - peal and all, I cut out the little green bit and quarter it
1 1/2 Cups Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
1 1/4 Cup of Oil

Mix-er-up until the orange has disintegrated.

Into a bowl add 2 cups of SR Flour (I use whole-meal) and pour in wet ingredients.

Mix (just with a wooden spoon), pop in tin and bake in moderate oven for 45 minutes or until cooked.

If your in a desperate rush......Dust with icing sugar, but.....If you have a little time up your sleeve...BUTTER ICING is the BEST!!

Into the Mix-Master add.....

1/4 pound of softened butter, or thereabouts
1 tablespoon of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
and as little or as much icing sugar (confectioners sugar) as you like....I use about 1/2 a cup to start and then I play around a bit. Just taste it as you go.

MANDATORY - Lick beaters upon completion!

ENJOY!!

16 comments:

Therese said...

Yum, will try this very soon.

teddybearswednesday said...

YUMMO ! that's my sort of baking too.
And yes licking the beaters is an essential part of whole baking process. After all you have test it x

judysquiltsandthings said...

Sounds good! I'll have to find the subs for self-raising flour because I don't keep it. Licking beaters is a must!

Tania said...

Love the very notion of chucking WHOLE (ok, quartered and without the green thingy) oranges in! Wonder how things would go without the use of a blender? (Don't answer that).

mel @ loved said...

I love the sound of this, thanks!

Maxabella said...

The world needs more blender cakes! I'm fascinate that you just throw that whole orange in there. I'm going to have to make this one so I can taste it!

flowerpress said...

Meant to stop by and wish you luck with your girlie issues the other day. Thinking of you :-)
Love an orange cake but only have lemon recipes. Bookmarking now. YUM

greenthumb said...

I just brought 3kg of oranges, i will have to give this a try. Yum.

Sannah said...

I'm intrigued by the whole orange in there as well. Have never made an orange cake, LOVE the fact that it is a blender cake, but the fact that there is a whole orange in there - irresistable! can't wait to try it.

quiltjude said...

Oh yum and the plate is gorgeous too :)

**Anne** said...

Definately my sort of cake Leonie. Thanks for sharing.
Anne xx

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Oh rats I'm off the sugar :-( Will have to try it later with the dextrose, should taste the same? Looks nice and easy, just my style!

PS Parcel arrived today, all lovely and very useful, Thank you muchly xx

Anna Bartlett said...

Yep, it's bookmarked and I'll be doing it. Ta.

Shelley Cartoons said...

Thanks Leonie. Wanted to get this recipe from you the other night but forgot..
Having a friend that blogs is HANDY.

Maggie said...

I have so many oranges right now, I might have to make a few of these! I'll definitely be doing the butter icing too. yum, butter :)

wendy hill said...

Righty o. So what sort of oil was that? joking, I know it was safflower. Thinking of you, x