Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finny's Brownies

I've never been a brownie type of girl, it's not really on my usual repertoire of recipes however, Finny wanted to cook up a storm from his school cook book. So....we did.

Yummo SUPER EASY Brownies....by Finn and his mates at the Special Development School.



Tools of the trade.......

1 small saucepan
1 large mixing bowl
1 20cm x 20cm cake tin (I used Quiche dish....sorry mine were round!)
beaters
1 mixing spoon
1 small mixing bowl
cake tester (skewer)

Ingredients.......

140g butter or margarine
6 tablespoons of cocoa
1 cup of sugar (I use brown)
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour (I use whole-meal)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
2 eggs (I used duck)

1) Turn oven to 350F or 190C
2) In the small saucepan, melt the butter on a low heat.
3) Combine all the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Beat the two eggs well, and add to this DRY mixture. Add vanilla essence.
4) Pour in the melted butter and mix well.
5) GREASE a 20cmx20cm cake tin well and pour in the cake mix
6) BAKE in the oven for 30-35minutes. TEST with a cake tester to check for a clean skewer when placed in the centre of cake.
7) When cooked, turn out onto cake rack to cool. Cut into squares and DUST with icing sugar.

Enjoy xx

7 comments:

**Anne** said...

Finn has excellent taste!!
Anne xx

Maxabella said...

I'm a brownie addict, so I never bake them. I can't stop at one pan... x

willywagtail said...

Good on ya Finn. We always cheat and buyBetty Crocker packs but this looks really good. Cherrie

Adriana said...

Making me hungry....

Naturally Carol said...

Oh Leonie..I almost didn't comment today..'cos I am living the life of a reformed cake eater at the moment and it's particularly hard looking at images like this! I refuse to even think about the taste...

Sally said...

Yummo!

CurlyPops said...

Oh yummy! I reckon even I could manage that without messing it up.