Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hippyism

Gone are the days of the corporate suits, the gold jewels, the designer shoes and the matching handbag. Its all gone. I left that world many years ago BUT this week I think I've crossed the line into a new sphere......hippyism.

I'm not quite sure why, but I now find myself to be the owner of.........the HAND TOOLED organizer. The organizer that will out last any of its expensive "made in china" mates. The one that my daughter will be TOTALLY embarrassed by and the one that I may even leave in my last will and testament. Who knows one day it could be a collectors Item!

It is delicious and I do LOVE it even though its not quite me........yet!






9 comments:

willywagtail said...

There is something very special about well tooled leather. Or is it just my age that says so? My hippy comes out in the shoes never being on. Cherrie

HAZEL said...

Bah! I am so 'hippy', I don't even need an organiser! LOL

**Anne** said...

Perhaps is Bohemian rather than hippy! Whatever the label, I like it.
Anne xx

Sally said...

Oh that is a classic! It will last the test of time me thinks. It also reminds me of the bits and bobs my mother used to have... back in the 1970s! ;)

greenthumb said...

Very nice it last till your children think it's hip.

Shelley Cartoons said...

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooh



and it's not hippy, it's hipsSTER.

Anna Bartlett said...

I'm sure it'll grow on you. It's growing on me in the length of time it's taken me to read the post and write this comment.

wendy hill said...

Where did you get that?!!!
Its fantastic.
Theres not much better than finding tooled leather. Except for finding leather tools on the next doors nature strip when they clear out their shed! From Norway!
x

Baa-Me Kniits said...

My hubby says I am getting more bohemian the older I get....maybe its a natural progression, when you break out in macramé and the clogs we will know for sure ;-)