Monday, March 5, 2012

Day Off

This is what I'm upto today....



and eating this.....



11 years I've been at home with my two and now that they are both at school, I'm taking today off. I'll be slaving away again tomorrow but today is for me.

Mind you, lets think about this for a moment...I've still done 3 loads of washing, made lunches, dropped them off at their educational facilities, folded washing, made beds and done the dishes. Tonight, I'll be re-collecting them from their schools, cooking tea, washing more dishes, bathing them, doing readers and packing their swimmers for tomorrow. OK....I'll re-think my day off (the one I was feeling all guilty about), lets call it an extended lunch break!! xx

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish I am as disciplined as you...

willywagtail said...

Mmm. Sounds like a weeks worth of work in one day. Pfft to the day off! If Monday is your washday it musn't be included in possible days off. Cherrie

Sally said...

It is amazing how many things we can casually discount until we really think about it. Guilt. Bah-humbug. I'm always feeling guilty... I feel guilty that I feel guilty because I know that I shouldn't feel guilty!!! Ridiculous. Hope you feel a little re-charged from your extended lunch break.

Judy said...

looks like a great lunch break to me!

Miss Prudence said...

No one likes a gloater L! I feel very envious

Maxabella said...

Thereat so many things we do in a day that we just don't even think about. I wrote a post called The Lazy Sing about it and I was also amazed! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your extended lunch break guilt-free!!! x

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I think you hit the nail on the head....its never a day off, we definitely deserve the odd extended lunch break though!