Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Off to bed........alone

Dave is not here. The father of my children and the man who calls me his Mrs, is fighting fires. I'm always proud of the CFA and the work they do. I stand tall against my husband in his yellow overalls however this time I'm simmering with anger. If the rumor is true and I must remind myself that it's rumor only, Dave is fighting a deliberately lit fire. It unsettles me, I wont sleep well, I'll toss and turn, I'll have the phone next to the bed and the porch light on so he can find his way home.

Who ever is lighting these fires......I hope they get caught and experience the full weight of the law. I mean that with every cell in my body.


Update : Dave returned home at 2.30 this morning exhausted but safe and sound.
Update 2 : It has come to my attention that the fire was caused by stupidity rather than intentional harm. I bet they wont leave a fire unattended again!

9 comments:

Tania said...

I'd be seething. Well, I am. But I bet you're even more seething - on top of being all at sixes and sevens. I hope he's home safe soon soon soon. If I were you I'd be giving up the sleep attempt and setting myself up with some good distracting craft. x

Maxabella said...

Godspeed, Dave.

I'm home alone too, but my husbie is just in Melbourne for a few nights. Not quite the same thing and I have no idea why I just shared that.

x

**Anne** said...

Thinking of you and your family.
Take care,
Anne xx

bec said...

Hoping he stays safe, and that it gets under control- and yep, that they get what's coming to them! I got a massive waft of smoke smell this afternoon I though was from inside the house- neighbours 2 doors away 'burning off' in 30 degree weather. Some people.....
Def stay up and craft. Makes the time fly.

Sally said...

I'll be thinking of your Dave tonight too. Hope he is home with you, safe and sound, soon.

Carmel Morris said...

Hope your hubby is safe and well and home by now. That's a really great photo.

Judy said...

Glad to here he is home safe and sound. Hope you got some sleep too.

Sarah said...

Oh good he is home and safe.

Yes I am with you on these deliberately lit fires. A few here on some really hot windy days...

I have great respect for the fireys. Wish budegt was not squeezing ours and the nurses and teachers so much.

Miss Prudence said...

Mee too alone, it is often for me but the cause is not so noble - work. Hope your man is home asap safe and sound