Monday, October 1, 2012

Tonight is the night!!

Wish me luck....tonight, I shall overcome FEAR!!

I'm off to the local pub, for my first night of many, to kick my left and right brain into gear and learn the much loved and admired Ukulele! GOD HELP THE PUBLICAN!!

I have NO, sense of timing, rhythm or tune. I have never played an instrument in my life, I sing like a constipated goat and I have the concentration span of a gold fish. This is going to be one hell of a night (particularly for the poor bugger that has to sit next to me).

I'll keep you posted. Truly, I might sound cool with it but I'm absolutely shitting myself!!

8 comments:

Jenny from Ohjoh said...

Tip toe through the tulips ????
Have fun!!

katiecrackernuts said...

You know what they say, ya gotta be in it to win it. I have a friend who felt the same way about the harmonica, or harp, and she now kicks arse on the damn thing. So, you go for it.

Nikki said...

GO YOU! Most importantly , ENJOY!!

monique's mess said...

The things we do! At least you dont take yourslf to seriously and are willing to give it a go, have a fantastic night

Miss Prudence said...

Sounds like you are bloody ready! Good luck!

Megsie said...

How darn cute is that little uke case! Man I might join just to get one of those. .....nah, but I will come and watch you have fun. Go you!

Judy said...

"I have NO, sense of timing, rhythm or tune. I have never played an instrument in my life, I sing like a constipated goat and I have the concentration span of a gold fish."

Well in that case, you should be brilliant! Thanks for the chuckle!

mel @ loved handmade said...

How exciting, good luck and have fun!