Saturday, May 11, 2013

There's music to be found at the local demolition yard!

I found this lost old case, sitting amongst the china and the silver spoons all battered and bruised.

So I had a little peek......OH.....LORDIE...BE...Is that what I think it is?

YEP!!!!! It sure is......CHECK THIS OUT!

That, ladies and gents is one very old (about a hundred years we think) but still in fantastic condition Baritone Banjolele!! OH....the JOY!!!

So off to the local music shop, to have a chat with the heavy metal band guys (don't you just love them), to fiddle with the strings so I could play this little beast!

Out come the electric guitar strings!! (who new??)

G - Steel String NBR 10

C - Wound String NBR 22

E - Steel String NBR 11

A - Steel String NBR 9

I am please to now inform you all, that I can play the BANJOLELE!!!! Oh...yeah!!

6 comments:

Judy said...

Fantastic! You were there at the right time! I would be wonderful if you would post a clip of you playing the banjolele, please?

Judy said...

Okay, I can't type and chew gum at the same time! IT would be wonderful

theghostwhoshops said...

Well spotted! And a vid of you playing would be fab ... I don't know what a banjolele sounds like - please?

**Anne** said...

You go Leonie!! :)

Anne xx

Drewzel said...

Squee! That's awesome!!

katiecrackernuts said...

I love when there are finds like that. Great, great find.